* All color options usually ship in 20 Business days from Herman Miller Directly.
Design Bill Stumpf & Jeff Webber, 2008 Die-cast aluminum, fabric Made by Herman Miller®
What do we do every day? We sit. We sit in the office and at home. Staring at our computer screens moving nothing but our fingers. We get stiff and tired. Because sitting is bad for you. Embody is good for you. An agile chair that keeps your body and brain limber all day. Designed specifically for people who work for hours at computers, Embody is the first work chair that benefits both mind and body.
Healthful Movement and Support The back of the chair looks like a spine? Entirely intentional. Embody' s instinctive back adapts to your movement, adjusting automatically to your shifting positions, keeping your spine aligned and healthy. Whether you lean forward or recline, your lower back support remains constant adjustments needed. The narrow backrest lets your arms move unimpeded, adding comfort and encouraging additional air movement into the lungs to feed your brain.
Conforming to You Pixelated Support thanks to a dynamic matrix of pixels creates seat and back surfaces that automatically conform to your every movement and distribute your weight evenly. By fitting your form and reducing seated pressure, Embody increases blood circulation, which improves the flow of oxygen and decreases heart rate. One chair size fits every body. Embody automatically adapts to the wide variation in the sizes, shapes, postures, and spinal curves of different people. Seat depth adjusts to different thigh lengths; armrest motions fit the broadest ranges.
See the Form, Feel the Function The technology of the Embody chair is right there, where you can see it. Its function is part of its aesthetic. From the back, you see the technology; from the front, you see organic shapes and curves. Textiles add warmth. More like a skin than a covering; textiles are meant to enhance, not cover up. They have loft for a cushy feel; and light and air pass through; keeping you cool. Colors pair with two frame colors and three base colors to simplify choice and appeal to universal tastes
1. Tilt + Kicker Embody’s tilt provides natural, balanced motion through a range of posture changes. Its additional “kicker” feature provides an extended recline for stretching.
2. PostureFit® PostureFit supports your spine at its lowest point, the sacrum, and reinforces your pelvis, preventing slouching and fatigue while you sit.
3. Pixelated Support™ A highly engineered matrix of pixels provides targeted pressure distribution throughout the seat and back (for optimal weight distribution, blood flow, and thermal comfort).
4. Backfit™ Adjustment Tunable central spine and flexible ribs align the chair’s backrest with your back’s natural curve to uniquely support each region of your spine.
5. Narrow Upper Back Design The narrow design at the top of the chair encourages torso movement and allows for arms to swing freely, increasing airflow into the lungs.
6. Seat Layers A combination of supportive layers in Embody’s seat work together to reduce seated pressure and allow for airflow, keeping you cool and comfortable as you sit.
Dimensions: 29.5"w x 18"d x 43.5"max height,
Seat Height: Low-Height Range 15"–19" Standard-Height Range 16"–20.5" Extended-Height Range 17"–22"