Platner Dining Table
****Ships in 8-12 Weeks****
Design Warren Platner, 1966
Polished nickel steel wire rod, glass, marble, wood
Made in Italy by Knoll
In the 1960s, Warren Platner transformed steel wire into a sculptural furniture collection, thus creating a design icon of the modern era. The furniture's unique, harmonious forms are created by welding curved vertical steel wire rods to circular frames, producing a moiré effect and capturing the decorative, gentle, graceful quality that Platner sought to
achieve. All metal components are finished in bright nickel with a clear lacquer protective coating. The collection includes a dining, side and coffee table — ideally suited for any residence.
Construction and Details
- Glass: 3/8" thick; tempered glass with bevel on underside
- Marble: .75" thick; transparent polyester coating with polished or satin finish; beveled edge
- Wood: 1.06" thick; veneered medium density fiberboard with cathedral grain pattern; solid wood beveled edge. Wood tops are weighted for stability
- Base constructed of vertical steel rods welded to circular horizontal and edge-framing rods
Nickel and 18k Gold finishes are plated and polished
Metallic bronze finish is a paint
- Clear plastic extrusion ring on bottom of the base for a smooth bottom surface
CA Modern Home is an Authorized Dealer for Knoll. Please call our Product Specialist at1.800.605.1859 for questions regarding custom Fabric & Leather options.
Dimensions: 27.5"h x 53.75" diameter.