Ch24 Wishbone Chair - Wood
***IN STOCK***Ships in 1-2 Days
Out of Stock
* All other color options usually ship in 8-10 days from our US warehouse
***QUICK SHIP PROGRAM***
- Oak Oil, Natural Paper cord
- Oak White Oil, Natural Paper cord
- Oak Black, Natural Paper cord
- Oak Soap, Natural Paper cord
- Walnut Lacquer, Natural Paper cord
* Quick Ship items will ship within 2-3 weeks depending on stock. All other items will ship within Carl Hansen's standard lead time of 10-12 weeks from Denmark.
Design Hans Wegner, 1949
Hardwood, natural cord caning
Made in Denmark by Carl Hansen & Son
The very first model Hans J. Wegner designed exclusively for Carl Hansen & Søn in 1949, the CH24 or Wishbone Chair, has been in continuous production since its introduction in 1950.
With a form that is uniquely its own, the iconic CH24 Wishbone Chair by Hans J. Wegner holds a special place in the world of modern design.
When designing the CH24, Wegner chose to combine the back- and armrest into a single piece. To give stability to the steam-bent top and ensure comfortable support, Wegner developed the characteristic Y-shaped back that the Wishbone Chair is named after.
More than 100 steps are required to manufacture each Wishbone Chair, most of which are carried out by hand. The hand-woven seat alone takes a skilled craftsman about an hour to create, using approximately 120 meters of paper cord, the impressive durability and stability of which makes the chair both strong and long-lasting. The Wishbone Chair offers comfort and stability as well as satisfying aesthetic desires for distinctive, elegant form.
Over time, the Wishbone Chair has gained recognition as the ideal chair, capturing the essence of modern Danish design.
CAmodernhome is an Authorized Dealer for the Carl Hansen & Son Collection. All products are licensed and manufactured in Denmark.
Dimensions : 21.6" W x 20" D x 29.9" H | Seat: 17.7" H