Saarinen Coffee Table - 35" Round
*Usually Ship in 8-12 Weeks from Knoll.
Design Eero Saarinen, 1956
Aluminum base, laminate, marble, granite or veneer top
Made by Knoll
Introduced in 1956, the Saarinen Collection of dining and low tables is as popular as ever and are now available in a variety of options.
The son of architect and Cranbrook Academy of Art director Eliel Saarinen and his wife, textile artist Loja, Eero Saarinen studied sculpture in Paris and architecture at Yale before working on furniture design with Norman Bel Geddes and practicing architecture with his father. He collaborated on several projects in furniture design with his friend, Cranbrook alumnus Charles Eames, and opened his own practice in Bloomfield Hills in 1950. Among the many buildings for which he is known are the Dulles International Airport in Washington, DC, The Gateway Arch in St. Louis, Missouri, and the TWA Terminal at Kennedy International Airport in New York. He was the recipient of numerous awards and the subject of many exhibitions.
Construction and Details
- Laminate: 1.06" thick satin smooth laminate; beveled edge
- Marble: .75" thick; transparent polyester coating with polished or satin finish: beveled edge
- Wood: 1.0625" thick; veneered medium density fiberboard with cathedral grain pattern; solid wood beveled edge
- Base includes attached sub-top, tabletop attaches to sub-top with three screws
- Base is heavy molded cast aluminum with white or black paint
Dimensions: 15.25"H x 35 W
Coated marble tops feature a transparent polyester coating to help eliminate use-associated stains. Natural marble and natural granite tops feature a protective sealer. Base is constructed from molded, cast aluminum strap polished and coated in tough, abrasion-resistant rilsan finish.
Tables are available in laminate, coated and natural marble and natural granite top finishes, in a wide range of colors. Base finish is available in White, Black or Platinum