July 21, 2021
Are you in the process of remodeling your kitchen? Have you considered starting a kitchen remodeling project? There are several things to consider when remodeling your kitchen. You need to choose suitable materials, explore lighting options, and consider your kitchen decor. You also need to decide what colors to use and whether to pick color options that complement or contrast each other.
Remodeling any part of your home should be exciting! Kitchen renovations are often costly and time-consuming, but the results will be well worth it! While a professional kitchen remodeling contractor is the best way to go, there are some steps you can take yourself to be more involved in the process.
As the largest online dealer of modern furniture, we’ve helped countless clients explore kitchen furniture and accessories that put the finishing touches on their projects. In this article, we’ll explore some tips to help you plan a successful kitchen remodeling project. We’ll also discuss some of our best-selling furniture and lighting fixtures to make your new kitchen impress your guests! Let’s dive in!
Tips for Planning the Perfect Kitchen Renovation
The thought of remodeling your kitchen should be exciting, but many homeowners get overwhelmed with the process. These tips can help ease the stress of kitchen remodeling and help you enjoy bringing your vision to life!
1. Create a Plan
The first step to a successful project is to create a plan. This won’t just help your kitchen renovation go smoothly, but it will also help keep everyone on the same page. Build a clear vision of what you want to do, how you want your final project to look, and what type of budget you’ve set. Share your plan with your contractor during the interview process, so you know you’re hiring someone with experience with your type of project.
2. Shop Around
There are tons of remodeling contractors on the market today, so make sure to take your time during the hiring process. Interview at least three contractors. Ask about their experience. Have them provide samples of completed projects that are similar to yours. Look online for reviews and valuable insight from past customers. Make sure you are completely comfortable with whoever you hire. Not only will they be entrusted with providing you quality work, but they’ll also have access to your home!
3. Compare Apples to Apples
When you’re interviewing contractors and getting quotes, make sure you provide each potential contractor with the same information. This will ensure you get reliable quotes so you can compare apples to apples. The more clearly you convey the project’s scope, the more likely you will get a precise estimate. Make sure you provide your contractors with the following information:
- Your design plan
- Cabinet layout
- Kitchen counter material
- Flooring material
- Lighting information, including the layout of fixtures, plugs, and switches
- Expected hours of work
- Your timeframe
- Your budget
4. Be Flexible
While you should undoubtedly have a specific vision for your project, you should also be flexible. Renovations are a long and sometimes complicated process. Even top-rated contractors face problematic situations that can delay your project. While you shouldn’t deal with a contractor that continues to delay your project for no reason, you should be understanding if they’re faced with unforeseen challenges or delays.
5. Get a Written Contract or Agreement
Before you sign anything, make sure your contractor provides you a written contract or agreement that includes everything you have discussed. This includes:
- Types of materials used
- The date work will start and when the project is expected to be completed
- Itemized pricing for materials
- Payment terms
- Licensing and insurance information
- Permits needed and who is responsible
6. Ask for Proof of Licensing and Insurance
Insist on seeing proof of insurance and request a copy of the contractor’s license. Double-check the validity of these documents. A reliable contractor will be happy to provide you with documentation.
Finding the Right Kitchen Furniture and Lighting
Once you’ve finished your design, it’s time to add the finishing touches. Of course, your kitchen is where you, your family, and friends gather to eat and recharge. But in most homes, it’s also a central gathering point. With the right furniture and lighting, you’ll create the perfect place for everyone to unwind and connect.
Pick the Perfect Dining Room Table
You want everyone to have a comfortable space to sit down and enjoy a meal, but you also want your dining room table to complement your style! Here are some popular options our customers love!
For Small Spaces
Even if you have a small eat-in kitchen or limited space for a table, you can still add a table with flair to your kitchen. Some of our most popular dining tables for small spaces include:
- The E020 Embrace Table- Designed by EOOS for Carl Hansen & Son, the Embrace Table offers a functional design that unites wood and steel to create a floating and distinctive piece. It’s a stylish reinterpretation of a furniture staple that’s inspired by a kite blowing in the wind. The table legs have been pulled to the center to maximize legroom—the circular design facilities communication and social interaction.
- The Hot Mesh Cafe Table- While this design comes in off-white and black, the natural yellow color option will undoubtedly make your kitchen pop with color! Rain or shine. Poolside or inside. This table gets the job done. It’s perfect for small spaces and highly affordable.
Whether you have a large family or love to entertain, we offer various expandable dining tables to accommodate more people. Some of our most popular large pieces include:
- The Double Expandable Dining Table- Choose from solid oak or solid teak with this Double Dining Table from Belgian design house Ethnicraft. It’s the perfect option for traditional or contemporary environments and inspired by Chinese altar tables to bring zen to your home!
- The Doto Extendable Dining Table- This beautiful piece offers a lateral extension to accommodate those extra guests. The extension is hooked to the frame and comes up with a simple movement, turns, then places itself in a security position. It’s available in dark brown lacquered or anthracite lacquered with dove grey velvet or gloss finish.
To WOW Your Guests
If you want to invest in a dining table that genuinely impresses your guests, we have various options available! Some of our most popular choices include:
- The Giro Extendable Dining Table- This is definitely a conversation starter! Designed by Giorgio Manzali and made in Italy by Bontempi Casa, this piece uses a simple mechanism to rotate the central top and reveal extensions from beneath the table. As you continue to turn, the central top is forced down while the extensions are forced up, causing them to become closer to each other. The closed table seats four comfortably, while the extended version seats eight. This contemporary piece adds beauty and style to your kitchen renovation.
- The Epic Dining Table- This beautiful piece is also made in Italy by Gubi and designed by GamFratesi. This sculptural piece of furniture is inspired by Greek columns and Roman architecture, named after the epic poems of ancient times. Made from travertine stone, its monolithic form emphasizes the natural beauty of the stone and the vibrant texture of its unique patina. It is undoubtedly a conversation starter!
Add the Right Lighting to Finish Your Space
The way you light your kitchen affects the functionality of your space, but it also affects how people feel when spending time there. Lighting is typically the last detail of your project, often picked after your cabinets, appliances, tiles, and countertops. Since lighting is often an afterthought, many homeowners fail to leave the right a decent budget to integrate great lighting options. Keep this in mind when planning your project! Some of our most popular lighting fixtures include:
- The Chasen S2 Suspension Lamp- Designed by Patricia Urquiola and made in Italy by Flos, this suspension lamp offers diffused lighting through a chemically photo-etched stainless steel body and borosilicate diffuser. You can change the amount of light it emits through a mechanically adjustable louver. As the louvers open and close, the shape and dimension of the lamp change as well. This adds even more style to your space!
- The Logico Triple Nested Suspension Lamp- This series originated from the idea of organizing a system of light diffusion. The sophisticated blow glass diffuser and its modular shape lend themselves to the creation of numerous light compositions. The diffuser is hand-blown glass, using a unique combination of glass finishing methods that provide a polished-silk finish. You can choose from smokey grey, milky white, or tobacco colors.
- The Pirce/LED Ceiling Lamp- This piece is designed by Giuseppe Maurizio Scutella and made in Italy by Artemide. This ceiling-mounted luminaire offers indirect halogen lighting. You’ll love the simple yet sophisticated design of this piece!
- The Altrove Ceiling Light 600- The Altrove 600 Ceiling Light is designed by Carlotta de Bevilacqua and made in Italy by Artemide. It’s composed of a mirrored stainless steel perimeter with a matte finish prism optic lateral diffuser. It features mirrored polished aluminum reflectors and an engraved transparent methacrylate front diffuser. You can also add a bit of color to make your ceiling pop!
- The Copernico Suspension Light 500- Designed by Carlotta de Bevilacqua and Paolo Dell’Elce, this fixture features concentric ellipses created by laser-cutting a single aluminum plate. The different elements can be positioned on separate axes, allowing light direction and varied spatial configurations. You can spice up the look of your kitchen by choosing the polished red model.
- The Mercury Ceiling Lamp by Artemide- Designed by Ross Lovegrove, this lamp is available in both suspension and ceiling versions. It places a floating assembly of large pebbles below a simple modern aluminum disc. The result is a beautiful design that bounces light between the bio-morphic surfaces and reflects their environment. During the day, this piece acts as a sculptural object that reflects the dynamics of natural light and the movement of people around them. You’ll love the way this fixture looks from every angle!
With the right furniture and lighting, you can complete your kitchen renovation in style! Whether you love to entertain or want to add a flair that gets your guests talking, we offer modern designs that add the finishing touch you’ll love! When you shop with CA Modern Home, your options are endless.
Need help picking your kitchen furniture and lighting?Get in touch with us today to discuss your kitchen furniture needs! As the largest online dealer of modern furniture, we have something for everyone.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in News
June 18, 2021
Home entertainment systems and personal electronics have undoubtedly changed over the years. Binge-watching your favorite series through innovative streaming services on ultra-thin, high-resolution TVs is now a common American pastime. As millions of Americans have shifted towards staying in for a night of Netflix and chill since the COVD-19 pandemic, now is a great time to spruce up your space.
Today’s average media system is more than just a collection of electronic devices. With the amount of money you’ve spent on your home entertainment system, you need media furniture that is engineered to protect your investments. So finding creative, modern media furniture that looks great in your living space and protects your entertainment center is the best option.
May 20, 2021