MR Adjustable Chaise Lounge
****Ships in 12-14 Weeks****
Design Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, 1927
Tubular steel frame, cowhide
Made in Italy by Knoll
Influenced by Marcel Breuer's use of tubular steel, Ludwig Mies van der Rohe quickly recognized the compatibility of this revolutionary material with the contemporary design ethos.
Inspired by the lines of tubular iron rockers designed in Europe during the mid-19th century, Mies incorporated a new material and a new technology in the use of the cantilever principle. The MR Collection of tubular steel lounge furniture includes the MR side chair, arm and armless lounge chair, chaise lounge, and adjustable chaise lounge.
KnollStudio logo and Ludwig Mies van der Rohe's signature are stamped into the base of each lounge.
Construction and Details
- Adjust height and angle with hook and knob system on 2 piece frame
- Available in a variety of Spinneybeck® leathers with matching leather straps
- Leather cushion crafted in a series of quilted and seamed sections
- Cushion supported by leather straps. Straps are sandwiched to belting thickness on both front and back with sides stained to match leather selection color
- Frame is seamless tubular steel with a polished chrome finish
- Glides included
- The KnollStudio logo and signature of Ludwig Mies van der Rohe are stamped into the frame
CA Modern Home is an Authorized Dealer for Knoll. Please call our Product Specialist at1.800.605.1859 for questions regarding custom Fabric & Leather options.
Dimensions: 25.5"W x 70.25"D x 31.75"H